Why error message "Internal error: No content was generated"

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
asleper
Jr. Propeller Head

Why error message "Internal error: No content was generated"

Post by asleper »

PLEASE help! I'm on deadline this afternoon! Why do I get the error message "Internal error: No content was generated. The Master TOC is either empty, does not contain links to valid topics, or all content has been conditionalized out" when I try to output my Flare help file to a pdf?
I can't get the project to build properly. I have the project pointed to the proper Build Target, the help content and project TOC conditional tags set properly, the proper items checked out from Source Safe, etc. I've even tried pulling down a new (after removing the old) copy of the entire project and re-building it. I also get a message saying "8 broken links." Any thoughts?
alaltenburg
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Why error message "Internal error: No content was generated"

Post by alaltenburg »

This may seem a stupid question, but did you create a master TOC?
The Moon is the first milestone on the road to the stars.

— Arthur C. Clarke
asleper
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by asleper »

Yes. I have a target specific TOC and a master TOC.
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

And your target-specific TOC has topics in it, topics that aren't conditionalized out at the topic level? And your target is set to use that TOC and not the master TOC?

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
forfear
Propellus Maximus

Post by forfear »

LTinker68 wrote:And your target-specific TOC has topics in it, topics that aren't conditionalized out at the topic level? And your target is set to use that TOC and not the master TOC?

In the target, make sure the welcome topic is set correctly. If it was linked to a file that was no longer there it shows missing link, it won't compile i think..something like that.
If you submit your bug feedback request here, the more likely it'll get fixed or included in a future release
Open Utilities PageLayout Resizer for Flare/Blaze | Batch builder