Image not in Word2007 Heading

This forum is for all Flare issues related to PDF, eBook, Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, XPS, and XHTML book targets.
DocuWil
Sr. Propeller Head

Image not in Word2007 Heading

Post by DocuWil »

When I publish my project to MS Word 2007 (with extension docx in Output file) the image in the heading is disappeared, although when I open the document in the Output directory (that is, when using View document after building), it is ok.
When I publish to MS Word 2003 it is no problem.
ImageNotInHeading.png
Does somebody has an idea?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wil Veenstra

Documentation and Training Centre
Infologic Nederland
(Using Flare 11.1.2, Capture 7.0.0 and Mimic 7.0.0 in Windows 10 64-bit)
bobmoon
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Image not in Word2007 Heading

Post by bobmoon »

Hi Wil -
When I publish my project to MS Word 2007 (with extension docx in Output file) the image in the heading is disappeared, although when I open the document in the Output directory (that is, when using View document after building), it is ok.
It sounds like perhaps you're hitting the known issue that images in Word output are linked and not embedded. That means the graphic is not actually inserted into the document, but referenced to your output folder. If you move the document out of the output folder without first addressing that issue, your images get the "Red X" that indicates a broken link.

Here's a post that discusses the topic in more detail: http://forums.madcapsoftware.com/viewto ... 92&p=21582

There is a link in that topic to the MadCap Knowledgebase, but the link seems to be broken. You can find the KB article by clicking this path: Go to http://kb.madcapsoftware.com/default.htm and in the Contents click Flare > Output Types > Printed Documentation > Word Output. The article is number OUTPW1010F.

Hope that helps. If that's not your issue, please post back.
Bob
DocuWil
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Image not in Word2007 Heading

Post by DocuWil »

Hi Bob,

Thanks. But I think that's not the problem.
I know exactly how to deal with embedded or linked images. See http://forums.madcapsoftware.com/viewto ... =10&t=7611 where I suggested solutions for some problems with it.
I mean, the issue appears when I open the document in the publish directory. And the resources are there, just like when I do the same thing when outputting to Word2003.
The only difference is:
Word2003: I need to set the name in the target (like Mydoc_Rev2_SV1.2). That is because of the SV1.2. Otherwise Flare omits this when setting the Output File.
Word2007: Now you need to set the Output File but with the extension docx --> Mydoc_Rev2_SV1.2.docx
Maybe I have to put it through to Support.
Wil Veenstra

Documentation and Training Centre
Infologic Nederland
(Using Flare 11.1.2, Capture 7.0.0 and Mimic 7.0.0 in Windows 10 64-bit)