Anyone tried converting HPJ (HLP) Projects into Flare?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
FrancaSullivan
Propeller Head

Anyone tried converting HPJ (HLP) Projects into Flare?

Post by FrancaSullivan »

I have approximately 25 help systems in HPJ/HLP format created using RoboHelp that I will need to convert once my product starts shipping on Vista or its successor. At the moment I am experimenting with manually importing the DOC files with all their coding and extensively using search and replace. Have a missed a feature in Flare that will help with this?

Thanks
Fran
Madcap Guru
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Anyone tried converting HPJ (HLP) Projects into Flare?

Post by Madcap Guru »

Flare doesn't import HLP Files, but you could try the following, Open the Robohelp for Word files in Robohelp HTML, this will create a XPJ or MPJ file, and then import this MPJ/XPJ file into Flare.

There is a Technote on this in the Knowledgebase at kb.madcapsoftware.com

The other option would be to have Robohelp for Word, create a printed output in word, and then import that word file in to Flare.
Rick Ferrell

Former Flare and Robohelp Support
FrancaSullivan
Propeller Head

Re: Anyone tried converting HPJ (HLP) Projects into Flare?

Post by FrancaSullivan »

Thanks Rick, This is what I just experimented with and it is working well. I have some post processing on paragraphs following bullets and concept linking, but no where near the processing required by importing the RTF file. The next decision point is whether to invest the time in updating the WinHelp design to a WebHelp design, but at least we now have something that can run on Vista and company.