Error Importing from Word - Problem(s) in background thread

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
KT_Mtjoy
Propeller Head

Error Importing from Word - Problem(s) in background thread

Post by KT_Mtjoy »

Hello,
I have been using Flare to import documents from word for about 3 weeks with no problems on my laptop. Unfortunately, this morning when I tried to import a new word file, I got a rather large scary looking error on screen stating:

Problem(s) in background thread: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Katie\AppData\Local\Temp\MsWordImport_16F6F0D3\Filename.xml' because it is being used by another process.
[System.IO.IOException]
Dialog: SaveAsXmlProgressDialog

Has anyone encountered this error before? I can import the same Word document just fine on my desktop, but for some reason now it doesn't like to work on my laptop. No other programs are open on the laptop, I restarted my computer and opened just Flare and tried to re-import the file again and the same error appears. I can open previously created projects on the laptop version of Flare, but I need to be able to work from home. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks so much,
Katie
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Error Importing from Word - Problem(s) in background thread

Post by RamonS »

Try a reboot and then delete everything that is deleteable in C:\Users\Katie\AppData\Local\Temp. Then try again. Also, you might want to see if you have the Word document open or if you attached it to an email using Outlook. In that case closing Word and restarting Outlook may already do the trick. If none of that works we have to come up with a plan B.
KT_Mtjoy
Propeller Head

Re: Error Importing from Word - Problem(s) in background thread

Post by KT_Mtjoy »

Thanks for the suggestions. I deleted everything from the Temp folder, but it still seems to create a new folder when I try and import a word file. This is so weird as I have created all my flare projects from word documents thus far on this computer. Anyways, for now I've created the rest of the projects on my desktop and copied them over to work on them on the laptop. I have a trial version of word installed on the laptop (it came with it when I bought it about a month ago) so I'm just uninstalling it and can put a real version on it, maybe that will help.
Thanks,
Katie