Auto import of linked topics fails on build

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
navoff
Sr. Propeller Head

Auto import of linked topics fails on build

Post by navoff »

Anyone run into this? I have some topics that are linked from another project and I can go to the Import file and re-import them just fine. For building a target, I have it set to auto-import on building. However, I always get an error that the import failed. Any idea why this might be? I'm running Flare 7.2 on Windows XP. SP3.
JRP
"How many slime-trailing, sleepless, slimy, slobbering things do you know that will run and hide from your Eveready?"
--Maureen Birnbaum, Barbarian Swordsperson
amanda53719
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Auto import of linked topics fails on build

Post by amanda53719 »

I'm seeing this same issue in Flare 7.2 on Windows 7 SP1. Have you found a resolution yet? I thought my issues might be related to some key files being set to read-only, but I made sure to check out both project files and the import file before building. (My projects are not bound to source control through Flare. I am managing that manually.)
navoff
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by navoff »

amanda53719 wrote:I'm seeing this same issue in Flare 7.2 on Windows 7 SP1. Have you found a resolution yet? I thought my issues might be related to some key files being set to read-only, but I made sure to check out both project files and the import file before building. (My projects are not bound to source control through Flare. I am managing that manually.)
I sent a copy of the project to tech support at Madcap but they were unable to reproduce the problem and suggested I create a new target file.
JRP
"How many slime-trailing, sleepless, slimy, slobbering things do you know that will run and hide from your Eveready?"
--Maureen Birnbaum, Barbarian Swordsperson
Sungard1
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by Sungard1 »

We had a global Flare project to be imported into individual Flare projects. While doing so in Flare 7, import of the global Flare project into other individual projects failed.
We were able to resolve this issue by removing the read-only flag from all files before building the output. This resolution if for auto-reimport while building.
bclare
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by bclare »

I just has this issue in Flare 10.

I tried setting the permission to rw for the imported Flare project file - no luck. Then I tried running Flare as Administrator (Right-click Flare.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\MadCap Software\MadCap Flare V10\Flare.app\Flare.exe, select Run as Administrator) - no luck.

I deleted the Import File and re-imported. It worked fine after I re-imported.

Not sure if this was a factor but, in my original import, I was being selective as to the files I was importing. When I re-imported I specified "*.htm" and "*.png" instead of specific file names.