Flare's "Spell Check While Typing" flags every word

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
navoff
Sr. Propeller Head

Flare's "Spell Check While Typing" flags every word

Post by navoff »

Anyone run into this before? I opened up a topic (it's been in the project since it was first created and was converted into Flare from Word). I have the Spell Check While Typing mode on. Nearly every word in the topic is flagged as misspelled:
flare-spell-check.png
This doesn't happen to every topic. In fact most topics are fine. I have to run spell check on the file and click "Ignore" for every word. The body of the topic is perfectly ordinary, just heading levels, paragraphs and unordered lists. The header of the file looks like this:

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<html xmlns:MadCap="http://www.madcapsoftware.com/Schemas/MadCap.xsd" xml:lang="en-us" MadCap:lastBlockDepth="4" MadCap:lastHeight="841" MadCap:lastWidth="576">
    <head><title>Functional Overview</title>
        <link href="../Resources/Stylesheets/BookStyles.css" rel="stylesheet" />
    </head>
Any ideas why this is happening or how to make it stop (other than running spell check and clicking ignore for every friggin' word)?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JRP
"How many slime-trailing, sleepless, slimy, slobbering things do you know that will run and hide from your Eveready?"
--Maureen Birnbaum, Barbarian Swordsperson
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Re: Flare's "Spell Check While Typing" flags every word

Post by wclass »

I'd check the language of the topic - if it is not the same as the project language you would see this problem.
Topic: find the topic in the content explorer and right click to get the Properties dialog, and then the Language tab.
Project: On the Project Ribbon tab look for Project properties at the end.
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne
navoff
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by navoff »

wclass wrote:I'd check the language of the topic - if it is not the same as the project language you would see this problem.
Topic: find the topic in the content explorer and right click to get the Properties dialog, and then the Language tab.
Project: On the Project Ribbon tab look for Project properties at the end.
The topic and the project are both set to English - United States. The target is set to Default (which means it takes on the language setting of the project). Another topic in the same project that is linked to the same TOC has the exact same header (and by extension the same target; also both topics are linked to just the one TOC). One works fine, the other doesn't.
JRP
"How many slime-trailing, sleepless, slimy, slobbering things do you know that will run and hide from your Eveready?"
--Maureen Birnbaum, Barbarian Swordsperson
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Post by wclass »

One thing I'd look at, but admit I haven't tried myself, is to see if the "mc-language" has been set on any style - you find it under "Unclassified" in the style sheet (or search your sheet for mc-language). You can set a style to a particular language for spell checking - handy if you have a foreign quote in your text, or you can set it to "none" so code etc isn't spell-checked. Worth a try.
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne