Condition tags on autoindex files

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
Judith
Propeller Head

Condition tags on autoindex files

Post by Judith »

I want to use an autoindex in a big project with separate targets for six different products. I don't want to use the index in one of the targets, so applied a condition tag to the autoindex file in the contents folder. However, Flare isn't honoring the condition tag. Has anyone else had a similar problem or am I missing something? I have checked the target and it is set to exclude the condition.
kwag_myers
Propellus Maximus

Re: Condition tags on autoindex files

Post by kwag_myers »

You need to set the Conditional Tag in the Properties of the topic in the TOC. I can't remember exactly what the Content Explorer setting does, but the TOC is what controls the output.
"I'm tryin' to think, but nothin' happens!" - Curly Joe Howard
Judith
Propeller Head

Post by Judith »

Do you mean the index topic? There is no index topic for online targets, the presence of an index is set in the skin. I've tagged the .flaix file but Flare ignores the tag. Sorry, it's not in the contents folder, it's in the project folder.
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Post by wclass »

I just did a quick test and it looks like a bug - conditions are ignored on the autoindex file. In my test I had some manually entered indexes and some auto generated ones. I could work around the bug in several ways - turn off the index from the skin for that target (but that eliminates the manual index as well as the auto), or rename the .flaix file with a different extension while running the build.
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne
Judith
Propeller Head

Post by Judith »

Thanks, it looks like a bug to me too, but I hoped I had forgotten a setting somewhere. I'll send a bug report to MadCap.