Flare crashes after a few imports/folder moves.

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
jaredgreen139
Propeller Head

Flare crashes after a few imports/folder moves.

Post by jaredgreen139 »

I can get through 4-5 imports and the Flare will lock up with the error that is attached. The text below is what is in the details.

After the crash i have to wait about 10-15 minutes before i can get back into it due to the error also attached which is killing productivity.

Is there a fix for the crashing and/or a quicker and better way to get back into it to continue working?

ERROR: at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Prepare(SQLiteConnection cnn, String strSql, SQLiteStatement previous, UInt32 timeoutMS, String& strRemain)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand()
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.GetStatement(Int32 index)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader()
at B3.ContentAnalyzerKit.ContentDatabaseWrapper.CleanupDeletedFolder(IUrl folder)
at B3.ContentAnalyzerKit.ContentDatabaseWrapper.OnFileSystemChangedOutside(Object source, FileSystemEventArgs e, FilesystemEntityType fseType)
at B3.ContentAnalyzerKit.ContentDatabaseWrapper.OnFileSystemChangedOutsideDirectory(Object source, FileSystemEventArgs e)
at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.OnDeleted(FileSystemEventArgs e)
at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.NotifyFileSystemEventArgs(Int32 action, String name)
at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.CompletionStatusChanged(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* overlappedPointer)
at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
paintedturtle
Propeller Head

Re: Flare crashes after a few imports/folder moves.

Post by paintedturtle »

jaredgreen139 wrote:I can get through 4-5 imports and the Flare will lock up with the error that is attached. The text below is what is in the details.

After the crash i have to wait about 10-15 minutes before i can get back into it due to the error also attached which is killing productivity.

Is there a fix for the crashing and/or a quicker and better way to get back into it to continue working?
That's definitely worth a call to MadCap technical support--they are super helpful and it's not a long wait.
Technical Writer using and experimenting with Flare version 12.0.5991.
Paulie
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Paulie »

paintedturtle wrote:That's definitely worth a call to MadCap technical support--they are super helpful and it's not a long wait.
I agree. From what I can see, it looks like an error is occurring when Flare attempts to update the SQLite database used by Analyzer/Flare reporting.
"In an ideal world, software should be simple, well designed, and completely intuitive to end users. In the real world, good documentation is king."
jaredgreen139
Propeller Head

Post by jaredgreen139 »

Ok will do thanks!
sorry for silly question i looked (briefly) and was not able to track down a solid number to try... Would you know what it is or where to find it. (trying to avoid run around)
NorthEast
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by NorthEast »

jaredgreen139 wrote:Ok will do thanks!
sorry for silly question i looked (briefly) and was not able to track down a solid number to try... Would you know what it is or where to find it. (trying to avoid run around)
You need a maintenance plan to contact support - email is free on all plans, but you can only phone on silver/bronze.
http://www.madcapsoftware.com/support/c ... tions.aspx

If you don't have maintenance, just try reporting it as a bug (Help > Report a bug).
jaredgreen139
Propeller Head

Post by jaredgreen139 »

***AN FYI ****
Mad cap instructed on how to fix the problem. Turns out that the issues with locking/crashing was due to the tile (there for links) having apostrophes in them and that not playing nice with SQL lite. I tested with and with out a couple times and seems to been the resolve.
thanks everyone!