Upgraded to Flare 2022. Issues with Central sync

This forum is for all Flare issues not related to any of the other categories.
BrianAtInTouchHealth
Propeller Head

Upgraded to Flare 2022. Issues with Central sync

Post by BrianAtInTouchHealth »

Hi,

I upgraded to Flare 2022 today and the installation seemed to go OK but when I launched our Central project the Source Control tab on the ribbon did not display and the Source Control Explorer was blank. I Opened the Central Explorer panel and clicked Refresh and it seemed to work at first but it didn't do anything.
flare-central-broken-resized.png
flare-central-broken2.png
I just re-imported our project and it seems to be working but it's getting late so I will test it tomorrow morning.

We've been using Central since December 2020 and this is the first time something like this has happened.

Brian

Note: Title edited on 18 July 2022
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Flare :flare: + Analyzer :analyzer: 2022, Central, Capture :capture: 7.0, Mimic :mimic: 8.1
BrianAtInTouchHealth
Propeller Head

Re: Upgraded to Flare 2022. Issues with Central sync

I've finished my tests and while it's basically working since I re-imported our project from Central it has not been without issues. For example, before the upgrade Flare used to prompt me to load the latest files when I opened our project. Unfortunately, that has stopped. I now have to manually pull or sync every time. Also,
BrianAtInTouchHealth wrote:I upgraded to Flare 2022 today and the installation seemed to go OK
I forgot to mention that I had to re-enter my license key manually. This was the first time in years I had to do that since in previous installs Flare always remembered my key. Oh well. Since I have Platinum support I will fill out a ticket.

Brian
Flare :flare: + Analyzer :analyzer: 2022, Central, Capture :capture: 7.0, Mimic :mimic: 8.1
techwriterkai
Propeller Head

Post by techwriterkai »

BrianAtInTouchHealth wrote:I've finished my tests and while it's basically working since I re-imported our project from Central it has not been without issues. For example, before the upgrade Flare used to prompt me to load the latest files when I opened our project. Unfortunately, that has stopped. I now have to manually pull or sync every time.
I've observed that the upgrade to Flare 2022 has changed the "prompt to get latest" setting in my installation. To get it back:
1. Open Flare 2022.
2. Load any project.
3. Open the File > Options window.
4. Go to the Source Control tab.
5. Clear the Do not prompt to get latest when opening source control bound projects check box.

Then Flare should ask you to get latest any time you open a project.

Hope this helps. Cheers, Kai.
Documentation: Helping users look good and suck less.
BrianAtInTouchHealth
Propeller Head

Thanks, Kai! That fixed it.

Brian