Bullets Missing from Bulleted List

This forum is for all Flare issues related to getting started and installing the application.
KDPeterson
Jr. Propeller Head

Bullets Missing from Bulleted List

Post by KDPeterson »

Hi,
I've imported a Word document, and like many of you (I read) the bulleted lists aren't bulleted any more. I have an additional problem: when I try to add bullets using the Flare shortcut button, the XML tags are created properly but there is no bullet graphic! This is true of all of the bulleted list styles. I tried modifying the li and ul tags to use an imported bullet graphic, but that didn't work. Still no bullet.
TIA for your help,
KevinDAmery
Propellus Maximus

Re: Bullets Missing from Bulleted List

Post by KevinDAmery »

When you used the Flare list button to create an unordered list, did the paragraphs in question change to LI tags, or are they still P tags? If they are P tags, they won't automatically get a bullet. You'll need to make them LI tags.
Until next time....
Kevin Amery
Certified MAD for Flare
KDPeterson
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by KDPeterson »

The tags look like
<body><ul><li>

Kerstin
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

Each one has a body tag? Or does your topic start right in on a list without a heading or intro text or anything?

Also, it's possible that the list tag has been set to not use bullet images or icons. Do you have the default stylesheet associated with the topic, or are you using the stylesheet that was created when you imported the file (if you chose the option to do that)? If it's the latter, then you'll have to check the properties of the <ul> and <li> tags in the stylesheet to see how they're set up.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.