re-importing Frame files creates extra *.css file

This forum is for all Flare issues related to importing files or projects.
landiana
Jr. Propeller Head

re-importing Frame files creates extra *.css file

Post by landiana »

I'm working on a big Frame/Flare project to create online help and whenever I re-import a Frame file it creates a new *.css file and a new TOC file name (i.e. sample.css gets a new sample1.css and the TOC has Sample and Sample1 listed underneath it). I don't want the extra *.css or TOC files. Does anyone know why these get created and how to get the file to just over-write instead of create a new file?
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: re-importing Frame files creates extra *.css file

Post by LTinker68 »

I don't have FM, but if it's like the Word import, then there's an option to associate it with a stylesheet. It's an option in the import screen.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
flarebrained
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by flarebrained »

We have the same problem and were told that Flare writes the extra css if there are undefined tags. However, we checked to make sure that all of our tags are defined (they are), and continue to have this problem. We heard that you can just delete the extra css, but we prefer to know why this is happening so that we can prevent it to avoid confusion.
landiana
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by landiana »

Actually, I think I found the answer to this question in the forum on .css. If you import and preserve the styles of your original source document (Frame in my case) then specify an existing style sheet, Flare tries to create new styles from the import, creating the extra styles with added numbers. I'm not clear on if it's causing us a problem or if it's okay, but when I imported without the style sheet, just letting the Frame styles drive the ouput's appearance, it looked mighty nice--but would need tweaking. The first reply in the .css forum that mentioned this also indicated you may want to just keep the source document style and do without the .css file if your work practice is to do most of the work/editing in the source doc as opposed to Flare.
flarebrained
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by flarebrained »

But what if you don't want to keep your Frame styles? We want to use a CSS, we just don't want there to be two of them. Any way to apply a CSS and not get the additional one?