Where to save the file

This Forum is for General Issues about Mimic
empedocles
Propeller Head

Where to save the file

Post by empedocles »

I'm new to Mimic and don't speak the language so well, so I hope you'll pardon the inconvenience. I've created a Mimic project and saved it as Flash output in the default My Mimic Projects folder on the C: drive. From a topic in my company's Webhelp Flare project, I've created a link to the movie. When I build the help and click the link, the movie starts up fine; of course, when we send our software to customers and they happen to click the link, they don't see the movie because it's on my C: drive! (Brilliant, huh?) Nevertheless, when I save the project anywhere but the My Mimic Projects folder on the C: drive and edit the link so that it points to the new location, the link doesn't even work for me.

When you're done laughing (I don't blame you), please let me know where/how I need to save the movie output so that, when our customers open the help from our software and click the movie link, the movie will play.
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: Where to save the file

Post by RamonS »

First of all, there is nothing wrong with your English. I met plenty of native speakers who did much worse and cannot even create a complete sentence.

What you want to do is copy the move and associated files into your Flare project folder. For example to C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\My Documents\My Projects\Samples\SampleProject1\Content\Resources\Images. You can also create a new folder in the Resources folder and name it "movies". Anything in the Content folder will get included in the output. When you then link to the file within the Content folder the movie files should get included and the link should work.
I am a bit surprised why Flare doesn't ask you about copying the file. How do you create the link? Just as a plain simple hyperlink? Or do you use the Insert > Multimedia > Mimic Movie Link option?