Table Styles

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
Jerin
Jr. Propeller Head

Table Styles

Post by Jerin »

Is there an easy way to make all the Table Properties the same and/or reset the cells on all tables at once? I know how to do it by clicking on each one individually, we have thousands of tables we would like to have set uniformly. If you can't do the whole project at once, can we do multipule tables on one topic page at once? About half the tables are set up with drop down text. We keep getting errors while copy/paste rows, tables, and words. I think this may be due to the state the tables are in. I am trying to get permission to send our project in. Until that gets approved, I am hoping for some pointers that might help us out.

Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

ExecuteReader requires an open and available Connection. The connection's current state is Closed.
Jerin
Jr. Propeller Head

Re: Table Styles

Post by Jerin »

I realized I might not have been clear enough. When I said "Table Properties" I meant a specific "Table Style". And when I said "reset the cells" I meant "Reset Local Cell Formatting". Some of the deviding lines or borders dissappeared; that is the only way I have found to get them back.
cbdebris
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by cbdebris »

Do you have a table class (table.class) or styles applied to the table element in your CSS? That's the osglobal (and easiest) way to deal with lots of tables.

But if you have a bunch of local styles (that is, there are styles and overrides to content in tables) you'd have to strip those out (manually or by search and replace) to have global effect.
All life is a blur of Republicans and meat. -- Zippy the Pinhead
lacastle
Propellus Maximus

Post by lacastle »

Do you know/understand HTML? When i had to make a lot of changes to some tables, I was able to find/replace in the code in Flare and change table formatting from one setting to another. i just made sure that i looked at each table i was changing (and did not do a blind replace all) to make sure that table needed to be changed. you can find/replace in one topic, topics in a folder, open topics, or all topics.

for example (and this is very generic, something i'm making up off the top of my head):

<table border="1px">
<th>text</th>
<td>text</td>
<td>text</td>
</table>

find <table border="1px">
replace <table>

if you don't know HTML pretty well, i don't recommend this because it's very easy to mess up the code and break a lot of things.