Skin editor

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the WebHelp Mobile target and skins
JohnB
Propeller Head

Skin editor

Post by JohnB »

Hi -

I am experiencing some issues with the skin editor, as follows.

The Home button text in the default WebHelp Mobile skin is white when displaying a TOC, Index, etc. but is dark/unreadable when displaying a Help topic. There seems to be no way to change this in the Styles editor?

Also, in trying to modify some styles, the value changed always reverts back to the original setting, e.g. SearchBar:BackgroundColor. The setting is not listed in the associated .flskn file so it' difficult to determine where the problem lies.

Any similar experiences?

Thanks - John
JohnB
Propeller Head

Re: Skin editor

Post by JohnB »

(Son, please, step away from mom and dad's computer before you hurt yourself.)

I was able to remedy this issue, thanks to Tech support, who said:

"The issue here is that the text of the "Home" link is taking on the purple "visited text" color. This color is explicitly set in the "visited" pseudo class of the root "a" element in your stylesheet."

So, I set 'visited' to 'default' and it solved the issue. Not sure how it was set to purple in the first place or why this style setting affects the Home button when topics are displayed, and not the Home button for the TOC, Index, or the like. Thoughts for another day.

- John
young@heart
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by young@heart »

John,
have you found out any more about why the 'Home' button on mobile topics displays the 'visited' colour? Not being able to change this is frustrating for me as I, like 8+% of the population, have a red/green colour perception deficiency and with a purple corporate background for the button, the text is unreadable. Guessing the text content would usually get the right outcome I'm sure, but we're not in the business of posing puzzles for the users to guess at and not being able to change the colour is inconsistent to say the least. ("The least" :lol: )
Unless MC have given out an insight into this I'll contact them re this oversight.
jakkenikken
Jr. Propeller Head

Post by jakkenikken »

Hi,

John, your solution was:
"The issue here is that the text of the "Home" link is taking on the purple "visited text" color. This color is explicitly set in the "visited" pseudo class of the root "a" element in your stylesheet."
So, I set 'visited' to 'default' and it solved the issue.
I tried your suggestions, but for me that didn't work. So I tried to deactivate the a: styles in the stylesheet instead by opening the styleheet using the internal text editor. You can use the /* and */ on your code to deactivate parts, or just delete them.

Code: Select all

a:link
{
	color: #0074be;
	text-decoration: underline;
}

/*a:visited
{
	color: #800080;
}

a:active
{
	cursor: hand;
	color: #008000;
}

a:hover
{
	color: #FF0000;
	cursor: hand;
} */
Hyperlinks I have added to my project still change colour when visited, but not the see also links. I concluded that for me it is more important that the home button stays readable. :)

Good luck!

- Jannicke