Adding OLH System Info to Browser Title Bar?

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Phlawm53
Sr. Propeller Head

Adding OLH System Info to Browser Title Bar?

Post by Phlawm53 »

My apologies in advance if I've missed this in the Flare online help or an existing Forum topic. (Dare I say both need better Search tools?)

IF I create a WebHelp system, THEN how can I configure either the help system as a whole OR topics in that help system so that the Browser used to view the system includes system / topic info in its Title bar?

For example, when viewing my default-settings WebHelp system in a browser, the browser's Title Bar says "WebHelp [Browser Name]".

I instead want the title bar to at least include something along the line of "XYZ Blivet System Online Help" or some such. Even better would be the inclusion of individual title headings taken from the topic heading.

Note that I know how to use XHTML <title> <title/> tags to add page-specific title information to a browser's Title bar.

The question is, does Flare provide user-facing facilities for configuring this? (And ideally automating it so that one doesn't need to perform a separate editing task for every topic in a project…)

Cheers & thanks in advance,
Riley
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Adding OLH System Info to Browser Title Bar?

Post by LTinker68 »

You can't set the browser's tab or window to change with the topics, but you can change what it says while the help is visible. In the skin or WebHelp target, can't remember which off-hand, there is a field on the General tab for entering text that appears in the browser's tab or window. It's not labeled that. It's something like caption or something similar.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
wclass
Propellus Maximus

Post by wclass »

The window caption that displays in the browser title bar can be changed in the skin - General tab.
I think a few of us have put in a request to have this in a target rather than the skin so that skins can be more re-usable.
Margaret Hassall - Melbourne
Phlawm53
Sr. Propeller Head

Post by Phlawm53 »

Thanks you guys! I'm glad at one level to learn that I wasn't overlooking something entirely obvious…

Cheers & thanks 'gain,
Riley
SFO