Skin Favorite Searches/Favorite Topics results font color

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
wisefolly
Propeller Head

Skin Favorite Searches/Favorite Topics results font color

Post by wisefolly »

I can't find where to change the Favorite Searches and Favorite Topics results font color in the skin styles. I didn't see the property under Control, but it's possible that i keep missing it.

We are using a dark frame background, so we want a lighter color text.

Any ideas?
wisefolly
Propeller Head

Re: Skin Favorite Searches/Favorite Topics results font color

Post by wisefolly »

bump
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

I tried to look for the styles in the JavaScript files, but there don't appear to be any called out. It looks like it builds a table for the results, so it uses the base table-related tag styles to create it. In a test project, try setting weird colors for the table-related tags in the topics' stylesheet and see if they're inherited in the Favorites pane. If they are, then you can control the styles from your topics' stylesheet, but it means you'll most likely want to create some table, tr, or td classes to use in your topics, unless you're using the same table look-and-feel in your topics as you want in the favorites pane.

If the latter is the case, or if the favorites pane doesn't seem to inherit from the topic stylesheet, then I think your only alternative is to open the Favorites.htm file in your generated output and modify/add table style definitions in there.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
wisefolly
Propeller Head

Post by wisefolly »

I'll play around with it, but that seems like a lot of work when there could be a style in the skin. After all, Flare includes the relatively minor EmptySearchFavoritesLabel and EmptyTopicFavoritesLabel styles.

Should I open a feature request for a FavoriteSearchResults and FavoriteTopicResults style?
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Post by LTinker68 »

Yes, please do so at http://www.madcapsoftware.com/bugs/submit.aspx. In the meantime, you could do the table styles workaround, if it works, but there should definitely be more skin-related style options in the skin than there currently are.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.