Topics not in Content Found in Search

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
Steveman
Sr. Propeller Head

Topics not in Content Found in Search

Post by Steveman »

Hi there,
The Search function on my WebHelp Plus works spectacularly well, to the point in fact that it's finding stuff that's not even in the project. Or to be more correct, was in the project but now is no longer.

I had some topics that ended up being duplicated in an Import process. They have a slightly different description in the Properties and when the Search found them I was able to work out what had happened. I deleted the duplicate topics and republished but Search still displays them. I also have some old versions of documents appearing in the Search results. I have searched across all the files and they aren't there anywhere, only the new versions (which the Search finds as well). As a further example I changed the properties for one of the Topics in the main WebHelp project, but the Search brings back both versions.

I cleaned the output folder for the project and they're still there. They won't leave me alone. They're everywhere. Everywhere I turn, there's an old file. There's another one. Please release me from my nightmare.....

What should I check next? Could the web server somehow be caching stuff as well? How do I convince the web server that this is a brand new project now and to please start again?
Carp diem - Seize the fish
LTinker68
Master Propellus Maximus

Re: Topics not in Content Found in Search

Post by LTinker68 »

I don't use WebHelp Plus at all, but I vaguely recall something about setting up indexing on the server. Perhaps you have to rerun the indexing, or configure something so it periodically clears out the index, or at least clears out items that it no longer finds.

Lisa
Eagles may soar, but weasels aren't sucked into jet engines.
Warning! Loose nut behind the keyboard.
Steveman
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Topics not in Content Found in Search

Post by Steveman »

Thanks Lisa, yes the indexing is usually the source of all the Search problems. I can recall doing that once before when I had issues getting Search to work at all. I'll check if re-starting IIS fixes the problem.
Carp diem - Seize the fish