HTML 5 Output on Apache

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the HTML5, WebHelp, WebHelp Plus, and Adobe Air Targets
dizzo
Propeller Head

HTML 5 Output on Apache

Post by dizzo »

Would anyone know if one is serving up the HTML 5 output generated by Flare on an Apache web server, if there is a module or any sort of extra configuration one needs to do on Apache for the HTML 5 output to display correctly? I have published our HTML content to our internal apache web server, and the frames show up, but the content (TOC and Topics) are completely blank.

I tested the older WebHelp output format, and it works no problem.

Anyone run into this problem?
RamonS
Senior Propellus Maximus

Re: HTML 5 Output on Apache

Post by RamonS »

Which browser are you using? What does the log file show? Any js errors reported?
Without much to go by I suspect this to be a client (browser) issue and a not an Apache problem. To rule that out entirely add IIS to any Windows box and drop the files in there, then use the same browser (!!) to browse to that server.
dizzo
Propeller Head

Re: HTML 5 Output on Apache

Post by dizzo »

For the sake of capturing problems and solutions, here's the issue. I had configured external publishing of the HTML 5 web help with an option selected that only works with Windows/IIS/.net. See attached image. When I deselected the option, all was well and HTML 5 content displays. Thanks for replying.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.