trying to add my own styles to tripane

This forum is for all Flare issues related to styles, stylesheets and XML.
fvila
Propeller Head

trying to add my own styles to tripane

Post by fvila »

I'm using Flare 11, with HTML5- tripane skin

What I am trying to do is write my own styles for the Table of Contents part to the left of the ouput.
I created a stylesheet and linked to it in the Target properties > General > Master stylesheet.
I wrote this in the stylesheet:
#toc.tabs-panel-content, #toc {background-color:green !important; }
.tabs-panel {background-color:pink !important;}

(This is not my end goal; what I really want to do is - for example - to have a different color for 1st-level topics; but If the above doesn't work, nothing else will).
I can see the name of my stylesheet css file in the list presented by Firebug, but the background of the Table of Contents part to the left remains black, and the styles don't apply

I've heard of the "Allow local stylesheets" option (supposedly in the Project properties > General ) and I can't find it. I've seen a screenshot and my window looks just the same, only without that option
I've heard of the "Exclude content not linked directly from the target" in the project properties. I can find it in the Target properties > Advanced, but not in Project properties.
MattyQ
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: trying to add my own styles to tripane

Post by MattyQ »

I'm going to pass this on, fvila -- Dave Lee is the authority on customizing the HTML5 tripane skin, and this post was extremely helpful in getting the custom skin set up at my last company. Follow the link in the middle of the article to the demo project, and there's a full set of instructions on how to implement your CSS.

Dave's article: https://ukauthor.wordpress.com/2014/08/ ... tml5-skin/

And my apologies if you've already done the parts Dave outlines and you're just trying to get the stylesheet to work.
fvila
Propeller Head

Re: trying to add my own styles to tripane

Post by fvila »

@MattyQ: Thanks for the link. I'm trying to implement this as indicated but encountering weird behavior from Flare. I think I'll detail out each occurrence separately, maybe this post is covers too much ground.