Concept links not working for master (merged) projects...

This forum is for all Flare issues related to the Microsoft HTML Help target.
This target produces "CHM" files in the output.
MC Hammer
Sr. Propeller Head

Concept links not working for master (merged) projects...

Post by MC Hammer »

...if they are originally set up in slave CHMs
Morning all
Yesterday, I posted a topic on not being able to get concept links to work on my projects (to which Pete Lees replied. I do not think it was due to a DLL becoming unregistered because I later on discovered that some concept links worked for other projects).
I have one big merged project with its own content as well as 3 or 4 individual smaller projects merged onto it via the TOC).
What I did not realise yesterday was that:
1/ The concept links work on the individual CHMs (when the individual CHM is loaded - clicking on the CHM in Windows Explorer).
2/Concept links do not work if a topic from one of the smaller projects is loaded via the merged CHM. The problem is that the small projects are not accessed directly by the user and that they get the large merged CHM displayed to them when using our software.
The following dialog is displayed:
Concept_Link.gif
Have I done something wrong, is there a way to get these concept links to work (do I need to include them to the large project)?
Thanks in advance for your help on this...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Marie-Claire
Flare 2019 r2 - Windows 10 Pro - HTML5 help / "clean" XHTML output
Pete Lees
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Concept links not working for master (merged) projects...

Post by Pete Lees »

Hi, Marie-Claire,

Have you got any ALink keywords in your master .chm file? (I'm assuming that Concept links use ALink keywords and commands under the hood.) You need at least one keyword in the master in order for the links in the slaves to work when they're merged into it.

See this article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base for more information:

BUG: Error Associating ALinks Across Merged HTML Help Files

Pete
MC Hammer
Sr. Propeller Head

Re: Concept links not working for master (merged) projects...

Post by MC Hammer »

Hi Pete (thanks for your input, once again :wink: )
I guessed the fact that I did not have any A-links in my master project was the issue.
I have added one of the A-link keywords that can be found in my slave projects to a topic in my master project and re-compiled the master project. It seems to work...I am testing now so will come back to this particular post if I have any further issues.
Thank you!
Marie-Claire
Flare 2019 r2 - Windows 10 Pro - HTML5 help / "clean" XHTML output